22 Reasons To Believe Hinduism Is Based On Science
1. वृक्षPeople are advised to worship Neem and Banyan tree in the morning. Inhaling the air near these trees, is good for health.
2. योगIf you are trying to look ways for stress management, there can’t be anything other than Hindu Yoga aasan Pranayama (inhaling and exhaling air slowly using one of the nostrils).
3. प्रतिष्ठानHindu temples are built scientifically. The place where an idol is placed in the temple is called ‘Moolasthanam’. This ‘Moolasthanam’ is where earth’s magnetic waves are found to be maximum, thus benefitting the worshipper.
4.तुलसी Every Hindu household has a Tulsi plant. Tulsi or Basil leaves when consumed, keeps our immune system strong to help prevent the H1N1 disease.
5. मन्त्रThe rhythm of Vedic mantras, an ancient Hindu practice, when pronounced and heard are believed to cure so many disorders of the body like blood pressure.
6. तिलकHindus keep the holy ash in their forehead after taking a bath, this removes excess water from your head.
7. कुंकुमWomen keep kumkum bindi on their forehead that protects from being hypnotised.
8. हस्त ग्रास Eating with hands might be looked down upon in the west but it connects the body, mind and soul, when it comes to food.
9. पत्तलHindu customs requires one to eat on a leaf plate. This is the most eco-friendly way as it does not require any chemical soap to clean it and it can be discarded without harming the environment.banana; palash leaves
10. कर्णछेदनPiercing of baby’s ears is actually part of acupuncture treatment. The point where the ear is pierced helps in curing Asthma.
11. हल्दीSprinkling turmeric mixed water around the house before prayers and after. Its known that turmeric has antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities.
12. गोबरThe old practice of pasting cow dung on walls and outside their house prevents various diseases/viruses as this cow dung is anti-biotic and rich in minerals.
13. गोमूत्रHindus consider drinking cow urine to cure various illnesses. Apparently, it does balance bile, mucous and airs and a remover of heart diseases and effect of poison.
14.शिक्षा The age-old punishment of doing sit-ups while holding the ears actually makes the mind sharper and is helpful for those with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, learning difficulties and behavioural problems.
15. दियाLighting ‘diyas’ or oil or ghee lamps in temples and house fills the surroundings with positivity and recharges your senses.
16.जनोई ‘Janoyi’, or the string on a Brahmin’s body, is also a part of Acupressure ‘Janoyi’ and keeps the wearer safe from several diseases.
17. तोरणDecorating the main door with ‘Toran’- a string of mangoes leaves;neem leaves;ashoka leaves actually purifies the atmosphere.
18.चरणस्पर्श Touching your elder’s feet keeps your backbone in good shape.
19. चिताग्निCremation or burning the dead, is one of the cleanest form of disposing off the dead body.
20. ॐChanting the mantra ‘Om’ leads to significant reduction in heart rate which leads to a deep form of relaxation with increased alertness.
21. हनुमान चालीसाHanuman Chalisa, according to NASA, has the exact calculation of the distance between Sun and the Earth.
22.शंख The ‘Shankh Dhwani’ creates the sound waves by which many harmful germs, insects are destroyed.The mosquito breeding is also affected by Shankh blowing and decreases the spread of malaria.